Great Hair Day: Julia Roberts’ Elegant Knotted Updo
Julia Roberts' style has been utter perfection on the press tour for her movie Eat Pray Love. She's been immaculately dressed from head to toe! In Japan, she pleased the locals by donning a gold kimono-style dress. To let her dress stand out, she paired it with a simple knotted bun, perhaps referencing the traditional obi paired with kimonos.
A simple part down the middle allowed for added drama in the back. Altogether Julia's look made lovely references to Japanese culture without looking costumey. Here's how to get Julia's updo in five easy steps:
1. Part dry hair down the center and smooth with a rat tail comb.
2. Comb hair into a low ponytail and secure with a hair tie.
3. Twist hair around ponytail and tie into a knot (literally).
4. Secure knot with bobby pins, making sure to tuck ends in.
5. Spray hair with hairspray and smooth flyaways with comb.
Have a fantastic hair day!
Check out Julia Roberts' Lookbooks on StyleBistro:
tags:julia roberts hair in eat pray love,eat pray love hair bun how to,eat pray love julia roberts hair bun,julia roberts updo in eat pray love
Share This Article
Sign up Free Email NewsletterStay Updates with this Blog. Get Free email newsletter updates, Enter your Email here:
Don't forget to confirm your email subcription